Admission Information for Form One (2022-23)
Notes to Applicants for Form One (2022-23) Discretionary Places
Release of the Successful List for Discretionary places
Parents of successful applicants (for inclusion in the Successful List for Discretionary Places) have been notified by phone and email on 4 May 2022.
At this stage, the waiting list is not to be disclosed. Those candidates on the waiting list may be admitted when EDB makes official announcements to Primary Schools on 26 July, 2022.
If you wish to apply for the vacancies of Form 1 (2022-23) after the EDB announcement on 26 July, 2022, please refer to the details about the application for these F1 places to be posted on our school website in July.
Admission Enquiries and Procedures for Form One (2022-2023) (Revised)
You can find details of the admission procedures below or you may contact our school office at 2336-2378 during office hours 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on school days.
Admission to Form One at Maryknoll Convent School (Secondary Section), an aided school, is regulated by the SSPA system. Students are admitted either through the discretionary place system or allocated by the Education Bureau (EDB).
Candidates who apply for discretionary places are reminded that each student may apply to NOT MORE THAN TWO secondary schools participating in the SSPA system.
• No. of F.1 classes: 5 (tentative, pending final approval from EDB)
• No. of discretionary places: 54 (tentative, pending final approval from EDB)
Application for Discretionary Places
1. Application forms can be downloaded below from 6/12/2021 (Monday) to 17/1/2022 (Monday):
Guidelines to Applicants 2223 (Revised)
Guidelines to set compatibility of Windows 10 users
2. The completed application forms (both Form A and Form B) must be returned together with the EDB copy of Application Form by parents to our school office from 3/1/2022 (Monday) to 17/1/2022 (Monday) (Office hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.).
3. There is no need to provide recommendation letters of the primary schools.
4. Interviews will be conducted in February / March 2022.
5. The school will notify parents of successful applicants of their children’s inclusion in the Successful Lists for Discretionary Places by email and phone on 31 March 2022 (Thursday).
Admission Criteria and Weighting (自行分配學位收生準則及比重)
• Academic Performance (學業表現) 35%
• Conduct (操行) 10%
• Extra-curricular Activities & Services (課外活動及服務) 25%
• Performance at Interview (onsite / online) 面試表現 (實體 / 網上) 30%
Special Arrangements on the Applications for Form One (2022-23) Discretionary Places
In view of the COVID-19 epidemic, the EDB has specially allowed submission of DP applications by post for this SSPA cycle. Parents could consider the needs and associated risks, and arrange to submit the Application Forms and other documents required by post (the postmark date should not be later than the prescribed deadline).
After receiving parents’ applications by post, the school will return the Parents’ Copy of the Application Form to parents by post for retention.
F.1 (2022-2023) Admission - Online Interviews on 4 & 5 March
Emails about the arrangement of the online interviews have been sent to applicants on 28 February 2022. If you do not receive the email from the admission team of our school, check your “junk mail” folder or “spam” folder. You may also add “email@example.com” to your White List or Safe Sender List. If you still don’t receive an email, contact the school at 23362378 during 08:00 - 16:00 by 3 March 2022. Thank you for your attention.
F.1 (2022-2023) Admission - Cancellation of Face-to-face Interviews
In accordance with the latest EDB guidelines, all face-to-face interviews for S1 Discretionary Places have been cancelled. Online interviews will be conducted on 4 & 5 March 2022. Further details will be sent to all applicants via email latest by 28 February 2022. If you do not get our email by 1 March 2022, please call the school office on 23362378 during office hours.